In addition to our lovely rooms, our guests enjoy the many special features, custom built or natural, in this tropical paradise. After many years of searching, we are fortunate to have found the perfect spot for our resort—a mountain top site overlooking the ocean. Nicaragua has inspired us to create an environment that appreciates nature and habitats, the Nicaraguan culture and indigenous crafts, and the creature comforts that our guests treasure. We encourage you to join us at Buddha Roc to retreat, relax, and refresh. See the sights, sample the cuisine, make new friends, sign up for vetted excursions, try surfing and other water sports, shopping and night-life, or make your own adventure!
These are some of our favorites…
- The breathtaking panoramic views of Marsella Valley stretching to Costa Rica
- The mountain cliff overlook and soothing sound of the surf from the ocean expanse below
- Stargazing at night from the unobstructed view on the roof decks
- A yoga group on the deck immersed in a Zen moment
- The water’s edge of the infinity pool cascading as a waterfall down the hillside
- The designer soft cotton bed linens and hand-woven blankets
- Gently rocking in one of the many hammocks hung to catch the breeze and shade
- Drifting off to sleep in custom designed lofts and comfy beds after a hot water shower
- Joining friends around the fire pit poolside with a cold Tona watching the pool slowly changing color and the 12 ft. high volcanic rock fire torches
- Taking a dip in the infinity pool, showering off on deck and sunning in the chaise lounges
- The convenience of restrooms and changing room on the pool deck.
- Feeling totally secure 24/7 with a fenced perimeter, gated entrances, lights, security cameras and an on-site guard—that includes the parking lot.
- Grilling or smoking my own catch of the day with all the fresh produce from San Juan Del Sur
- Cooking in kitchens and kitchenettes equipped with modern appliances and stocked with tableware and cookware.
- The eye-candy décor everywhere: Life-size Buddha statues, rustic chic furniture, hand carved stone sinks, live edge wood counter tops, bamboo framed mirrors, artisan tiled walls and floors with seashell borders, rum bottle bathroom walls, stone terraces, and hand crafted fixtures.
- Outlets and USB ports everywhere
- Tropical landscaping and winding paths connecting property structures
- Windscreen murals surrounding the pool deck
- The turtles nesting by the hundreds on the beach, the howler monkeys calling their mates, and the colorful birds nesting in the treetops.
We welcome our guests to add their favorites to the list with